New Player/Parent Page
About Pirates Lacrosse Club
Pirates Lacrosse Club is a multifaceted youth and high school sports organization based out of Henderson, Nevada. Throughout the year, PLC provides a variety of programs and events for boys and girls of all ages and skill levels.
We believe that "on-field" success is derived from high energy and positivity. These two attributes are at the core of our coaching philosophy.
Our priority in every program is to provide a positive and enriching player experience. We believe that this comes from participating in a well-structured and engaging learning environment.
Every portion of our programs has a purpose aimed towards player development. With age appropriate curriculums, our staff looks to develop not only proper fundamentals and lacrosse "IQ", but a passion for the sport.
5 Steps To Get Started
#1 US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
US Lacrosse is the national governing body of lacrosse. One of their primary purposes is to provide insurance for lacrosse programs throughout the country. Before participating in ANY PLC program (whether it is a practice, training, games, etc.) you must first register to become a US Lacrosse member. It is mandatory for all players, coaches, and volunteers that their membership span the length of our program and/or season. If you do not provide your US Lacrosse Membership Number before the start of our program(s), you will not be allowed to participate. Visit US Lacrosse at http://www.uslacrosse.org, for registration and information or click the "Join Today" button below.
#2 LACROSSE STICK
Lacrosse sticks come in different shapes and sizes depending on the age and position of the player. The stick is the most critical piece of equipment for the player. A poorly strung pocket will create bad habits for the player. Our recommended sticks are excellent starter choices. Below are examples that our players have found early success with. :
- Boys, we suggest the String King "Complete".
- Girls 10-years-old and under, we suggest the STX "Lily".
- Girls 11-years-old and older, we suggest the Under Armour "Desire" or other reasonably priced, similar products.
#3 NECESSARY PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Helmet (suggestions below) plus mouthpiece
- Shoulder pads. Starting January 1 all shoulder pads must meet the new NOSCAE performance standard ND200.
- Elbow pads
- Protective cup
- Proper footwear:
- Field Lacrosse: Cleats (lacrosse specific are best)
- Box Lacrosse: Basketball shoes
- Goggles plus mouthpiece
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace are also places to look for gear. It is very likely any shoulders bought used will NOT meet the new standards for 2022 so please check carefully.
- It might be a cost-effective practice to go to local stores to get proper sizing and order the equipment online.
- Some of the local retailers may have seasonal deals called "Starter Packs" which will allow you to buy the gear in a bundle.
- We suggest calling ahead to check the stock.
#4 SCHEDULE A PRIVATE SESSION
We encourage our new players to book a private session with one of our coaches prior to participating in one of our programs. This will allow our coach to give your player his/her full attention and focus on the basics; cradling, passing, catching, shooting. This will give your player a fundamental foundation to build upon at practice.
For more information about private lessons please click here!
#5 ADD US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
We invite you and your player to keep up to date with the in's and out's of our organization. We frequently post videos, photos, and information about Pirates Lacrosse Club. It's a great way to make sure your player isn't missing out! If you ever have any media that you would like us to share please send it to email@example.com for posts of any of our social media outlets!
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
We invite you to join our mailing list below!